List of Services Rendered at the Department are;
- Identify and register persons living with disabilities (PWDS)
- Registration / monitoring of day care centres.
- Registration / monitoring of NGOs.
- Handles domestic violence cases and spousal abuse.
- Facilitate the implementation of the livelihood empowerment against poverty (LEAP) activities.
- Counsel persons living with disability (PWD) and their families.
- Monitor social intervention programmes. E.g., school feeding programme, gender activities etc.
- Protect children from child abuse.
- Community sensitization and mobilization.
- Women empowerment.
- Registration and supervision of residential homes for children.
- Registration of NHIS for indigents (PWD, aged, extremely poor etc.)
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
VULNERABLE EMERGENCY HOTLINE
- Domestic violence and spousal abuse
- Child abuse/neglect
- Child marriage