VISION: To prove reliable and understandable statistical information and services to enhance decision-making, governance and development.
MISSION: To harness, produce and manage quality statistics of the local level based on national standards using competent staff to provide evidence-based decision-making to aid in local and national governance and development.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE STATISTICS DEPARTMENT
The statistics department was established to:
- enhance the use of evidence-based statistics for decision making.
- harmonize concepts, methods and classifications used in the production of statistics of all levels.
- assist the MMDA to mobilize revenue for development.
- systematize the collation of administrative data across the sector and geographical units.
- reinforce the coordination of statistics generation, compilation, analysis, storage, archiving and dissemination across of departments within the MMDA.
- engender statistical literacy among stakeholders.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF STATISTICS DEPARTMENT.
- To collect, compile, store and analyze data based on standardized formats developed by GSS.
- Disseminate and publish statistical data based on guidelines developed by GSS.
- To ensure that statistics is produced to meet international standards.
- To prepare and submit annual reports of its operation to the District Assemblies.
- Coordinate district statistical activities and archiving of statistics to serve as a repository of statistical data in the district.
- Provide timely data for incorporation into districts, regional and national level statistical analyses.
- Provide statistical literacy and research.
- Monitor statistical enquiries or surveys within the MMDA.